Applications on Applications

What does November 1st to November 30th mean to you? It’s Berkeley application period time! Not only are Berkeley’s undergraduate college applications open, but current Berkeley sophomores can apply for the Berkeley Haas School of Business program.

If you think applying to Berkeley-Haas is similar to applying to colleges as a high school student, you would be right. Similar to the regular Berkeley application, the Berkeley-Haas undergraduate business program application period is also November 1st to 30th. Current sophomore students have taken the prerequisite courses and are set to complete the application to apply! From the Berkeley-Haas website, the Admission Committee looks at numerous factors, including: performance in key prerequisites, consistency of academic performance, leadership skills, and accomplishments in extracurricular activities. After application submission, students accepted into the two year Berkeley-Haas undergraduate business program hear back mid-February of their sophomore year. They start taking courses their junior year and then graduate from Berkeley with an undergraduate business degree from the Haas School of Business.

The application process for programs and internships never ends! After high school, I thought I would be done with applications forever, but I was very wrong. At Berkeley, I have had to submit applications to join clubs and organizations. Currently, I am in the process of writing my Berkeley-Haas application essays and filling out the resume portion. I know some students who are currently in the Berkeley-Haas program and their biggest advice is to have numerous people read over your application essays. Similar to the Berkeley college application, I think essays are where students can shine and show how they are unique and what they are passionate about. Essays on applications, even though they are super banal, actually let the student voice be heard.

These past few weeks I have been really inspired and motivated to get back into doing things that I love to do. My parents kept on hassling me to start applying for internships and I finally got around to doing it. I feel super accomplished because I planned out my class schedule, am in the process of applying for Haas, and I found some super neat summer internships that I want to apply for. Three weeks until the fall semester is over and I am super excited for going home and filling out more applications over winter break!

This entry was posted in campus life on by .
Rachel Lin

About Rachel Lin

Hi y'all! My name is Rachel and I am a current second-year student studying Business Administration and Cognitive Science. I am originally from the great state of Maryland and I have a ton of Maryland and California spirit! In addition to being a Campus Ambassador, I am involved in the Associated Students of the University of California (ASUC), a Resident Assistant at Clark Kerr Campus, and am the Housing Chair for the 2018 PACURH Regional Business Conference. In my free time, I love watching the TV show Survivor, as well as shopping, hiking, and swimming. I was super nervous leaving my hometown to attend Cal, but I can truly say that I love it here! Go Bears!