My Favorite Books/Movies for Summer

Ever since I was a young girl, I have always loved to keep myself busy with a book or movie whenever I had free time. Those days seemed endless because I was able to allow the book or movie to completely absorb myself. As I grew older, unfortunately, I had less and less time over the school year to indulge in a good book. Homework, studying, and exams took over the majority of my time, and I was left with little to no free time. This is why whenever summer breaks rolled around, I would always cherish these days with a good book or movie to keep me company. Below are just a few of my favorite reads/watches that I enjoy immensely and would reread or rewatch over and over again.

1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: I have never grown out of the Harry Potter phase and I do not think I ever will. J.K. Rowling has created a series about a boy wizard who has to fight a war between the good and the evil. Even though I have already read this series at least three times, I still find myself gravitating towards the series whenever I enter a bookstore. Harry, in a way, reminds me of the struggles I had to face while growing up. Because of Harry’s story, I learned about courage and perseverance. Reading this series nowadays is an absolute treat.
  2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: If you like reading classic English novels with a good romance story, then this is the right book for you. I started reading this novel when I was in middle school. It is always refreshing for me to experience Elizabeth Bennett’s turning point in the novel as she falls in love with Darcy. Moreover, I love both the movie and BBC television adaptation of the novel. However, I would say I love the BBC television series a tiny bit more because it definitely aligns more with the novel’s original plot line. Pride and Prejudice, because of how well-written it is, remains one of my all-time favorite novels.
  3. Big Hero 6: This is hands-down my favorite Disney movie. I think I rewatch this movie over and over again because of the soundtrack. I really enjoy Fall Out Boy’s “Immortals” that constantly plays throughout the movie. Of course, I also could not help but fall in love with Baymax. Every scene with the inflatable robot makes me feel extremely happy.