Take me out to the ballgame…with CalGreeks!

IMG_6553There is only one thing I love more than the food, sights, museums, and shopping in San Francisco: the San Francisco Giants.

Last Tuesday, I was lucky enough to attend a Giants Vs. Dodgers game with a group of students from UC Berkeley’s Greek system. CalGreeks rented out the busses and preordered the tickets so all we had to do was show up on the day of and hop on the bus! It was great going in a huge group of Cal students – we even got a “Go Bears” chant started in the 7th inning.

Spending time with my sorority sisters is always fun, but this event was even more exciting because I was able to meet men and women from other chapters on campus.

Despite the cold, we stuck it out until the bottom of the 9th. We must have been a good luck charm for the Giants because they ended up beating the Dodgers 6-2!IMG_6562

Not having to worry about transportation into and out of the city was a relief. Plus, we paid about $25 for our game tickets and private transportation, which was a great deal! Berkeley can start to feel overwhelming, especially when final projects and papers begin to creep up, so this was a great opportunity to head to the city for a night of fun before the real study crunch begins.

IMG_6573As I’m writing this, I’m finishing up my last week of classes (and celebrating another Giant victory over the Dodgers tonight), but I already wish I was back at the ballpark. I can’t wait for next year’s CalGreek night out at the ballpark to watch the Giants win again!

Elise

Author: Elise

Hi avid readers! My name is Elise and I’m a third year at UC Berkeley from Monterey, California. I’m majoring in Political Economy with a concentration in U.S. healthcare. Once I’m finished at Berkeley, I’m planning on attending law school. When I’m not studying, you can catch me attempting to finish Infinite Jest, trying not to burn cookies and writing blog posts for the Daily Californian newspaper. My transition to UC Berkeley from a small, all-girls high school was a huge leap, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’ve spent many Saturdays cheering on the Golden Bears at Memorial Stadium, taken classes in new fields like Comparative Literature and Philosophy, and been constantly inspired by both my professors and my peers for the last two years. Enjoy the blog and Go Bears!