Done with Exams!

Can you believe that it is already November 1st and the fall semester is going to be over in a month and a half?! I can’t believe it! Being here at Berkeley for a little over a year now, I am itching for a mini vacation. I am going to be finished all of my midterm exams this week, so I’m getting some friends together to do some fun activities over the weekends in November:

• Color Factory: A pop-up shop in San Francisco, this exhibit has some super cool interactive displays that involve colors! Tickets sell out super quickly, so you have to buy them probably a month in advance right when they go on sale. The Color Factory was super cool to visit. It was a ton of fun taking artsy pictures and playing in the giant ball pit at the end of the exhibit!
  • Corgi Con: Twice a year on Ocean Beach, California, there is a Corgi Con festival. Basically, a bunch of corgi dogs (and other breeds) are dressed up in cute little costumes and are hanging out on the beach. My friends and I went this past summer and we saw the little corgis race across the beach and even participate in costume contests! If you love dogs, this is definitely something to check out!
  • San Francisco Zoo: A 100 acre zoo located in San Francisco, California. The zoo has zebras, buffalos, monkeys, elephants, and even bears and large cats! As Berkeley is super close to the Bay Area, I feel like I should be taking advantage of everything San Francisco has to offer. The zoo is a super easy BART ride away from the Berkeley BART station; super accessible!
  • Lake Anza: A 15 minute drive from UC Berkeley, Lake Anza is a recreational swimming reservoir in Tilden Regional Park. If you don’t have a car at Berkeley, don’t worry! There are a ton of easy ways to get around! You can rent a car through Zipcar or Gigcar, Uber there, or even use Berkeley’s ridesharing group! This would be a super easy, fun activity to do on a weekend to relax and hang out with friends.
  • Six Flags: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is a theme park with roller coasters and other amusement rides. A 45 minute drive from Berkeley, this amusement park is too close to not take advantage of! If you are a student living in the Residence Halls, sometimes the Residence Halls will bus students to the theme park for a day! Super neat!
  • Concerts: In a few weeks, I’m going to see Fall Out Boy at Oracle Arena (a 20 minute BART ride from Berkeley). In December, I’ll be going to Poptopia, a music festival with artists like Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, and the Chainsmokers! There are a TON of concert opportunities here in Berkeley, whether at the Greek Theater on Berkeley’s campus, or in San Francisco. Perfect for a concert junkie like me!
Rachel Lin

Author: Rachel Lin

Hi y'all! My name is Rachel and I am a current second-year student studying Business Administration and Cognitive Science. I am originally from the great state of Maryland and I have a ton of Maryland and California spirit! In addition to being a Campus Ambassador, I am involved in the Associated Students of the University of California (ASUC), a Resident Assistant at Clark Kerr Campus, and am the Housing Chair for the 2018 PACURH Regional Business Conference. In my free time, I love watching the TV show Survivor, as well as shopping, hiking, and swimming. I was super nervous leaving my hometown to attend Cal, but I can truly say that I love it here! Go Bears!