My Favorite Coffee Shops in Berkeley

I love coffee, and not just because of the taste or much needed caffeine boosts (although yes those are bonuses!). It’s great for seeing friends, exploring, or finding a way to make cranking out long study sessions (yeah, we’ve all been there) way more tolerable. As a coffee enthusiast, I wanted to share some of my top picks for coffee shops in Berkeley, so here they are!

#1 Romeo’s

Located on Telegraph Ave, Romeo’s is one of my absolute favorite coffee shops here in Berkeley. With exotic names for different blends like “wicked ways” or “screaming madness,” Romeos never fails to serve the perfect cup! The shop itself has huge windows and gets tons of natural light, so it’s a really nice place to bring work and study. I find myself there a lot on weekends because I love Romeo’s atmosphere. It’s also super close to campus, so it’s a great place to grab a cup if you’re running to class.

#2 Victory Point Cafe

Located on Northside, Victory Point Cafe is a really fun coffee shop to go to with friends. It has walls full of different board and card games, so you and your friends can play literally any game out there (they have SO many games) while enjoying a cup of coffee. My friends and I love to play Codenames when we go. If you ever have time to relax and play board games, I would definitely recommend Victory Point Cafe.

#3 Cafe Strada

Located one block from Kroeber Fountain, Cafe Strada is a great place to grab a cup of coffee! Since I live in Unit 2, Strada is really convenient because it’s on my way to class. I also love that they have outdoor seating because on a nice day, it’s relaxing to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air. Also, if you’re not a coffee person, Strada makes really good orange juice that I get all the time.

#4 Cafe Milano

Right across the street from Sproul, Cafe Milano is a great option for coffee! I love the inside of the cafe because it has a really cool aesthetic with wood all over the shop. It also has two levels with the top one being much quieter, so it’s a great place to chat with friends or bring work to study. Cafe Milano also makes really good egg bagels, so if you are ever looking for somewhere to grab breakfast before class it’s a good choice.

Coffee is one of my favorite drinks because I find it to be very multi-purpose. It can be something social or study-motivation, and it always seems to be much needed. I’m always excited to explore new coffee shops, and I hope you enjoy some of my favorites!

Haley Stober

Author: Haley Stober

Hi everyone! My name is Haley, and I am a first year from Connecticut double majoring in Molecular and Cell Biology and Spanish. Outside of giving tours and writing for the blog I am part of a sorority, Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Society, Hillel, and Science in Oakland Elementary Schools. I'm excited to share my experiences with you, and as always go bears!